An important part of promoting your race is making sure that it is listed in online race calendars. As a customer of Granite State Race Services you will automatically be listed on our events calendar, and will also have your own event landing page that will come up in search results for your race. Below are a few others that you should make sure to use. Search them first to see if your race is already listed, and if not use their methods of getting it listed. Some are easier than others.
Also don't ignore non-race event calendars. Local media sites (print, radio, TV), local government sites, public libraries and many specialty event listing sites get a lot of traffic from residents of your area. Just goggle your town/city name with "event calendar" and see what comes up.
- New England Runner
- New England Runner magazine is a monthly publication with all the news that's fit to print on the running scene in New England and New York. Listing your race on their calendar will get the word out to all of their subscribers, and onto their online calendar.
- Running in the USA
- This may be the most comprehensive online directory of road races. Their goal is to list every running-related race in the USA, along with past results, race photos, running club listings, and running forums.
- New England Runs
- This is an excellent source for New England running races of all kinds. Comprehensive and easy-to-use.
- Runner's Alley
- New Hampshire races should get listed on the events calendar of this popular NH running store.
- One of the largest race website/event calendars out there. List or claim your race on this site and they'll also help with the promotion of your event.
- Race Raves
- Focuses on marathons and half marathons but also has the shorter distances.
- Runner's World
- This well-known national running magazine also maintains a calendar of events, which is powered by Let's Do This, so if you post your event to Let's Do This you will also appear on the Runner's World calendar..
- This site not only allows you to upload your race's results, it provides a calendar of upcoming events as well.
Also check out the list of event calendars at Race Directors HQ